Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D.
- Montclair State University, B.A., magna cum laude
Dennis Shlionsky combines tenacity and compassion in a style that achieves great results for the firm's personal injury clients. A trial attorney, Dennis is deeply passionate about recovering just compensation for those who have suffered catastrophic injuries at the hands of others. He has assisted with the litigation of numerous premises liability, automobile accident, and medical malpractice cases to successful six and seven figure resolution of verdict.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Dennis served as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Margaret Goodzeit, Presiding Judge of the Chancery Division for Somerset, Warren and Hunterdon Counties. In this capacity, he gained an unmatched perspective analyzing cases from behind the Bench, focusing on a wide spectrum of issues affecting businesses in financial crises, real estate disputes, and commercial and contract matters. As court-appointed mediator, Dennis has successfully facilitated a settlement in 96 percent of the small claim scenarios in which he assisted.
A New Jersey native, Dennis received his undergraduate degree magna cum laude from Montclair State University and graduated from Rutgers Law School in the top of his class. As a Lester Miller Scholar, Dennis has achieved an impressive list of academic honors, including the CALI and Samuel Rubin awards for academic excellence. During law school, Dennis competed nationally in Washington, D.C. as a member of the Mock Trial team, contributed as a published Editor with the Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy, and served as President of Phi Alpha Delta Professional Legal Fraternity. He also received a Corporate and Business Certificate from Rutgers.
Dennis is an active volunteer, having been recognized by the Eric Neisser Public Interest program for his assistance with a number of pro bono ventures including the Morris Stern Bankruptcy Project and Justice Foundation Criminal Expungement Clinic.
- Assisted with the successful recovery of $1.25 million for a severely injured client following an accident with a New Jersey Transit bus
- $650,000 settlement as co-counsel for motor vehicle accident in Middlesex County
- $250,000 settlement representing policy limits for motor vehicle accident in Hudson County
- $250,000 recovery representing policy limits for declaratory action against multiple insurance companies for a motor vehicle accident in Passaic County
- $201,000 recovery for exceedingly contested soft-tissue injuries from a motor vehicle accident in Middlesex County
- $200,000 settlement representing policy limits for motor vehicle accident in Hudson County
- $177,000 settlement for motor vehicle accident in Essex County
- $100,000 recovery representing policy limits for soft-tissue injuries from a motor vehicle accident in Passaic County
- $99,500 recovery for a motor vehicle accident in Hudson County
- $90,000 settlement for motor vehicle accident in Essex County
- $75,000 settlement for motor vehicle accident in Bergen County
- $75,000 recovery from a motor vehicle accident in Bergen County
- $75,000 recovery for soft-tissue injuries from a motor vehicle accident in Bergen County
- $55,000 recovery for exceedingly contested soft-tissue injuries from a motor vehicle accident in Middlesex County
- Assisted with a product liability action against a national coffee chain
- Policy limits settlement for motor vehicle accident with a “phantom vehicle” in Essex County
- Policy limits settlement for wrongful death action with contentious liability in Ocean County
- Policy limits recovery for motor vehicle accident in Bergen County
- "New Jersey's Answer to the Economic Loss Rule: Striking a Balance Between Public Policy Considerations in Contract and Tort Law," Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy (August 24, 2015)