Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D., 1995; Associate Editor, International Labor Law Journal
- Loyola University Chicago, LL.M., Health Law, 2017
- Binghamton University, State University of New York, B.A., Law & Society and Philosophy, magna cum laude, 1992
Susan Frankel’s practice is focused on health care regulatory and litigation matters, representing physicians, hospitals, hospital medical staff, ambulatory surgical centers, and other health care providers. In addition to health care, she has significant commercial litigation experience in the areas of employment law, real estate, business disputes, securities, and intellectual property.
Most recently, Susan served as the Director of Operations and Compliance for The Frankel Foot and Ankle Center, a multi-state physician practice. During her tenure, she oversaw regulatory compliance with the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA, False Claims Act and other applicable laws and regulations. She was also responsible for practice joint ventures, potential mergers, acquisitions and affiliations, lease arrangements, and physician employment agreements.
Susan has also worked in law firm senior management, having served as Director of Operations for a large New York City firm.
- “MACRA: The Death Knell for Small Private Practice?,” (LL.M. Thesis, 2017)
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member