Bar & Court Admissions
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 2003
John Coats focuses his practice in real estate tax appeals. As part of this, he represents property owners in New Jersey in appealing their property taxes on a wide variety of properties. Among these are apartments, office buildings, retail establishments, warehouses and single family residences. This has led John to be involved in numerous appearances before the Tax Court of New Jersey and the various County Tax Boards. John also represents property owners in Pennsylvania in appealing their taxes. Additionally, John's practice has included handling Mansion Tax refund claims and applications for tax exemption.
- 440 Rt. 17 Ptrns LLC v. Borough of Hasbrouck Heights, 28 N.J. Tax 241 (Tax 2014)
- Robmar Realty Assoc. v. Township of Rockaway, 2013, WL 5513859 (N.J. Tax October 1, 2013)
ADDITIONAL NOTEWORTHY INFORMATION
John served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Peter F. Bariso, Jr., P.J.S.C., Presiding Judge, Civil Division, Hudson County.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member