Carol Grelecki represents physicians and groups, specialty practice societies and other medical professionals, independent practice associations, hospitals, clinical laboratories, utilization managers, and billing companies in corporate and transactional matters.
Carol also advises the firm's clients with regard to compliance issues, including Medicare billing issues, fraud and abuse issues, and Stark and Codey law compliance. She represents the firm's clients in regulatory matters, including health care facility licensing issues and preparation of required policies and procedures. She reviews and negotiates managed care participation agreements and handles provider complaints against managed care companies.
- Healthcare – Will It Be the Next Meltdown Like Retail?, New York Institute of Credit (September 2018)
- Recent Developments in Health Care Reform Legislation, NJOGS Semi-Annual Meeting Program (November 2015)
- Navigating Through the Managed Care Contract Jungle, NJAASC 5th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Conference (October 2015)
- Contract Negotiations, Table Talk Mentoring and Feedback, Women in Medicine, Committee of Interns and Residents (October 2014)
- Accountable Care Organizations: Update and Beyond, A Clinically Oriented Approach to the Appropriate Utilization of Diagnostic Imaging Studies, sponsored by UPSTATE Medical University and Atlantic Medical Imaging (September 2014)
- What is an Organized Delivery System from a Filing and Legal Perspective? HFMA New Jersey Chapter Education Series (July 2014)
- The Private Practice of Medicine in an Obamacare World: Strategic Approaches (March 2014)
- Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Savings Program (July 2012)
- How to Negotiate a Post-Residency Employment Contract, Committee of Interns and Residents (February 2012)
- What You Don't Know About the Board of Medical Examiners Can Hurt You: Billing & Fraud, Duty to Report Changes in Status and Duty to Cooperate (April 2012)
- Overview of Medical Practice Employment Agreements, Committee of Interns and Residents (December 2012)
- Medical Practice Employment Agreements, Committee of Interns and Residents (April 2010)
- What You Need to Know about HIPAA (January 2010)
- Issues Presented When Treating Minors, Medical Society of New Jersey (August 2009)
- "The Anatomy of a Physician Employment Agreement," New Jersey Lawyer (December 2012) (Co-Author)
- "CMS Proposal Outlines Rules for ACO Participation in Medicare Shared Savings Program," New Jersey Physician (April 2011)
- " MD News (July 26, 2010)
ADDITIONAL NOTEWORTHY INFORMATION
Carol has been named a "Best Lawyer in America" for Health Law since 2015.
- Healing the Children New Jersey, Inc., Board of Trustees
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Radiology Business Management Association, Member