Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- University of Chicago, J.D., cum laude
- University of California at Berkeley, Ph.D.
- Princeton University, B.S., summa cum laude
Herbert Henryson concentrates his practice in corporate and securities counseling, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Among the notable transactions he has handled include the representation of The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the Northern Department Store Group of Saks Incorporated, the sale of Bon-Ton's credit card business to HSBC and its unsolicited acquisition of The Elder-Beerman Stores, Corp.
Herbert serves as director, secretary, and general counsel to Forum Trust, LLC, a non-depository trust company with operating subsidiaries engaged in the business of mutual fund administration, fund accounting, transfer agency, and shareholder services. He has also served as vice president and deputy general counsel of Honeywell Inc. Prior to attending law school, Herbert had been senior nuclear engineer in the Applied Physics Division of Argonne National Laboratory in Illinois.
- Liberty Property Trust in its $900 million acquisition of Republic Property Trust;
- Silverline Building Products Corporation in its sale to Andersen Corporation;
- Forum Financial Group in connection with its acquisition by Citicorp;
- Eldorado Resorts LLC in its acquisition out of bankruptcy of Hollywood Casino Shreveport;
- Aventis CropScience SA in its acquisition of the Professional Pest Control Business of The Clorox Company.