Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- John Marshall Law School, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.S., cum laude
Bruce Wolff's practice involves representing companies, pension funds and executives in all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation law. Mr. Wolff advises clients with respect to tax and ERISA (fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction) issues involving qualified retirement plans (including employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)), nonqualified deferred compensation plans (including Code sections 409A and 457(f) compliance), equity-based executive compensation plans, individual employment and severance agreements, merger and acquisition transactions, and health care reform.
- Advised executives and employers on matters concerning negotiation and drafting of employment contracts, severance agreements, and equity compensation arrangements, including the impact of Code sections 409A and 457(f) deferred compensation tax issues.
- Advised in-house counsel and HR staff in connection with various fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction issues regarding organizational structure, and service fee and compensation arrangements.
- Advised on matters concerning retirement plan qualification tax issues under Code sections 401(a), 401(k) and 403(b) for large defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Advised concerning negotiation and drafting of merger and acquisition transactional documents regarding employee benefits matters (including Code section 280G golden parachute rules).
- Advised and negotiated with insurance companies and investment management companies concerning trust agreements and investment management agreements for company pension plans.
- Advised employers on health care reform matters impacting employer-based group health plans.
- “Deferred Compensation Basics: What You Need to Know to Avoid Substantial Penalties,” Brach Eichler CPA Series (October 19, 2016)
- "Deferred Compensation Basics: What You Need to Know to Avoid Substantial Penalties," presented at Citrin Cooperman (June 9, 2016)
- Employment Series: Qualified Plan Basics (April 20, 2016)
- Employment Series: ERISA Basics: Fiduciary Duties, Prohibited Transactions, and More! (March 15, 2016)
- Employment Series: Deferred Compensation Basics: What You Need To Know To Avoid Substantial Penalties (February 17, 2016)
ADDITIONAL NOTEWORTHY INFORMATION
In 2013, 2014 and 2015, Bruce was recognized as a New York Metro Super Lawyer in the area of Employee Benefits/ERISA.
- Certified Public Accountant, New York 1984.
- American Bar Association (Tax Section, Employee Benefits subcommittee), Member.