Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Seton Hall University
Rosaria Suriano (Rose) is an experienced litigation attorney representing large and mid-sized companies in business litigation, real estate litigation and construction litigation. She brings to her clients the wisdom and knowledge of over 27 years of trial and appellate court experience in both state and federal courts. Rose has worked for several of the state’s largest and most prominent law firms. She has successfully handled complex contract and business matters, including claims between general contractors, construction managers and subcontractors, partnership/shareholder disputes, trade secret and restrictive covenant litigation, and domain name disputes. She litigated claims involving the Trade Secrets Act and the Computer Related Offenses Act, and many other contract and business claims.
Rose is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. She was named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list in 2015, 2016 and 2017. In addition, she was recognized by NJBIZ Magazine as a “Best 50 Women in Business in New Jersey” in 2011. In June 2017, Rose was also named a Top 25 Leading Women Entrepreneur in New Jersey by Leading Women Entrepreneurs. Rose was selected out of 1,000 nominees in the state.
In May 2017, Rose was elected to serve as director of the NJSBA Business Law Section for a three-year term.
Rose clerked for the Honorable Erminie Conley in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, General Equity (1988-1989) and interned for the Honorable Alfred J. Lechner, Jr., United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1987).
- Employee Theft and Its Impact on Confidential and Proprietary Information, Material Handling Society of NJ (February 26, 2018)
- New Jersey Manufacturing, NJBIZ Panel Discussion, September 19, 2017
- Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless – What Lawyers Can Learn from a Fortune 100 Chief Marketing Officer, NJICLE, September 29, 2017
- Business Litigation: The Year in Review, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, December 6, 2016
- Playing Hardball in Heels: Learn the Art of Negotiation, Montclair State Feliciano School of Business, March 28, 2016
- Representing Your Client in a Business Breakup II, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, December 11, 2014
- The French Connection-Ethics & Privacy in Business in New Jersey and Paris (Mid-Year Meeting, Paris, France), New Jersey State Bar Association, November 9, 2014
- Get Powered For Growth Presentation (Presented on Business Litigation Issues), Women's Center for Entrepreneurship Corporation, October 10, 2014
- Representing Your Client in a Business Breakup II, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, March 6, 2014
- Business Disputes, Minority Shareholder Oppression Actions, and Recent Revisions to the New Jersey Limited Liability Company Act, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, March 3, 2014
- The Italian Job (A Look at Employers' and Workers' Rights in Italy and the United States) (Mid-Year Meeting, Roma, Italia), New Jersey State Bar Association, November 15, 2013
- "Breaking Up (with a Business Partner) is Hard to Do," co-author, New Jersey Business Magazine, March 2017
- "Protecting Your Business Assets," co-author, Industry Week, September 30, 2016
- "Letters of Intent - Defining 'Good Faith'," New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Newsletter, Vol. 38, No. 4, June 2015
- "Notifying Clients and Customers of a Data Breach: When is a Breach Actionable?" New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Newsletter Vol. 38, No. 2, October 1, 2014
- "Computer Related Offenses Act Protects Against Theft of ESI," New Jersey Law Journal, 214 N.J.L.J. 990, December 2013
- "Closely Held Family Businesses: What Happens When the Family is No Longer Close," New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Newsletter Vol. 37, No. 2, September 2013
- "The Business of Medicine: Prohibited Business Activities that Restrict Patient Care," New Jersey Physician, March 1, 2012
- Professional Women In Construction, New Jersey Chapter, Member
- New Jersey State Bar - Business Law Section, Member
- Women Presidents' Organization, Member
- Executive Women of New Jersey, Member
- Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey, Former Director
- Industrial/Commercial Real Estate Women Member, Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey Member, National Association of Corporate Directors, Member
- Advisory Board to Sobel & Co's Forensic Litigation Group, Member
- Board of Trinitas Health Foundation, Director
- Chancery Division of Practice Group of the Essex County Bar Association, Member
- Essex County Bar Association, Member