Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Seton Hall University
An experienced business litigation attorney representing national and international companies, Rosaria (Rose) Suriano brings to her clients over 29 years of trial and appellate court experience in both state and federal courts across the country.
Throughout her career, Rose has worked for several of the state’s most prominent law firms. She has successfully handled complex contract and business matters, including claims between members of limited liability companies, partnership/shareholder disputes, theft and misappropriation of trade secrets and proprietary information, restrictive covenant litigation, domain name disputes, theft of computer data, and a wide variety of other contract and business disputes.
Rose also handles construction and real estate claims, including claims between general contractors, construction managers, and subcontractors. She has litigated delay claims, defect claims, and non-payment claims in the construction industry.
Rose has built a reputation on taking the difficult cases others have feared or have been unable to manage and successfully turning them around in favor of the client. Many of her cases come from former adversaries who admire her tenacity and relentless desire to deliver a win to the client. She took a ten-year-old case that resulted in a multi-million-dollar judgment against the client and had the judgment reversed, which resulted in the payment of substantial legal fees to the client. When the prior attorneys ran out of options and gave up, Rose stepped in and won the case.
As a commercial litigator, Rose considers herself a strategist for her clients. She counsels clients about when it is in their best interest to avoid litigation—when to settle a claim and how—and when litigation is necessary, she partners with her clients to develop winning strategies that help facilitate their long-term business goals and interests.
A true leader, Rose is a member of several organizations and the recipient of many honors and awards. In 2018, she was selected by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of 20 "Top Women in the Law." She was also selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019. Additionally, she was named a "Top 25 Leading Woman Entrepreneur in NJ" in 2017, and was recognized by NJBIZ Magazine as a “Best 50 Woman in Business in NJ” in 2011. Rose was also named to the NJ Super Lawyers list in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. She is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. In 2017, Rose was elected to serve as a director of the NJSBA Business Law Section for a three-year term. She has lectured on many business law topics and has served on panels for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. A Seton Hall Law School graduate, Rose has also held prestigious clerkships and internships.
- Employee Theft and Its Impact on Confidential and Proprietary Information, Material Handling Society of NJ (February 26, 2018)
- New Jersey Manufacturing, NJBIZ Panel Discussion, September 19, 2017
- Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless – What Lawyers Can Learn from a Fortune 100 Chief Marketing Officer, NJICLE, September 29, 2017
- Business Litigation: The Year in Review, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, December 6, 2016
- Playing Hardball in Heels: Learn the Art of Negotiation, Montclair State Feliciano School of Business, March 28, 2016
- Representing Your Client in a Business Breakup II, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, December 11, 2014
- The French Connection-Ethics & Privacy in Business in New Jersey and Paris (Mid-Year Meeting, Paris, France), New Jersey State Bar Association, November 9, 2014
- Get Powered For Growth Presentation (Presented on Business Litigation Issues), Women's Center for Entrepreneurship Corporation, October 10, 2014
- Representing Your Client in a Business Breakup II, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, March 6, 2014
- Business Disputes, Minority Shareholder Oppression Actions, and Recent Revisions to the New Jersey Limited Liability Company Act, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, March 3, 2014
- The Italian Job (A Look at Employers' and Workers' Rights in Italy and the United States) (Mid-Year Meeting, Roma, Italia), New Jersey State Bar Association, November 15, 2013
- "Brach Eichler Lawyer Is Often Lone Woman In Court On Business Litigation Cases… But It’s Not First Time As Pioneer," ROI-NJ (quoted in), November 19, 2018
- "The Defend Trade Secrets Act: Will It Replace the Diminishing Restrictive Covenant?," Corporate Counsel Business Journal (co-author), September 26, 2018
- "Breaking Up (with a Business Partner) is Hard to Do," co-author, New Jersey Business Magazine, March 2017
- "Protecting Your Business Assets," co-author, Industry Week, September 30, 2016
- "Letters of Intent - Defining 'Good Faith'," New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Newsletter, Vol. 38, No. 4, June 2015
- "Notifying Clients and Customers of a Data Breach: When is a Breach Actionable?" New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Newsletter Vol. 38, No. 2, October 1, 2014
- "Computer Related Offenses Act Protects Against Theft of ESI," New Jersey Law Journal, 214 N.J.L.J. 990, December 2013
- "Closely Held Family Businesses: What Happens When the Family is No Longer Close," New Jersey State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Newsletter Vol. 37, No. 2, September 2013
- "The Business of Medicine: Prohibited Business Activities that Restrict Patient Care," New Jersey Physician, March 1, 2012
- Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association
- Material Handling Society of New Jersey
- Professional Women In Construction, New Jersey Chapter, Member
- New Jersey State Bar - Business Law Section, Member
- Women Presidents' Organization, Member
- Executive Women of New Jersey, Member
- Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey, Former Director
- Industrial/Commercial Real Estate Women Member, Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey Member, National Association of Corporate Directors, Member
- Advisory Board to Sobel & Co's Forensic Litigation Group, Member
- Board of Trinitas Health Foundation, Director
- Chancery Division of Practice Group of the Essex County Bar Association, Member
- Essex County Bar Association, Member