Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York Law School, J.D.
- Rutgers University, Rutgers College, B.S.
Mark Fantin focuses his work on all aspects of complex commercial litigation. Mr. Fantin has litigated a wide variety of complex commercial disputes in both state and federal courts at all stages, including trial, involving shareholder disputes, dissolution, commercial real estate, franchise and license agreements, employment law, securities litigation, and other business-related matters.
Recently, Mr. Fantin successfully defended an application for an injunction involving trade secrets and restrictive covenants and also obtained a favorable jury verdict in defense of various employment discrimination claims. Among other accomplishments, Mr. Fantin has played an integral role in obtaining favorable verdicts in matters involving: claims under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, which included the successful opposition of post-trial motion practice; tax apportionment, reformation, and rescission issues in connection with a multi-million-dollar estate; claims under the New Jersey Fraudulent Transfer Act regarding the diversion of assets and piercing the corporate veil; claims under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act concerning the breach of a commercial real estate lease; and also claims of trademark infringement and dilution resulting from the alleged breach of a license agreement by an international business entity. Additionally, Mr. Fantin has drafted various contracts and agreements, including shareholder agreements, commercial leases, severance agreements, restrictive covenants, and licensing and advertising contracts.
Mr. Fantin served as a Judicial Law Clerk in the New Jersey State Superior Court to the Honorable Daniel P. Mecca, P.J.S.C. During law school, Mr. Fantin clerked at the Office of the New York State Attorney General in the Investment Protection Bureau, where he worked on several high-profile insurance and securities fraud investigations.
In 2016, Mr. Fantin was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to serve on the District X Fee Arbitration Committee.
Mr. Fantin has been recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for Business Litigation every year from 2012 - 2017.
- "Protecting Your Business Assets," co-author, Industry Week, September 30, 2016
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Business and Commercial Litigation Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Morris County Bar Association, Member
- Essex County Bar Association Chancery Committee, Member
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
- Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court, Pupil
- Hudson/Bergen Transactional Inn of Court
- Morris/Essex Transactional Inn of Court
- Brennan-Vanderbilt American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Chester Township Board of Health, Member, 2014 to Present