Intellectual property is often a firm’s most valuable asset. Brach Eichler has successfully prepared, licensed, and litigated patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets on behalf of many diverse clients. Brach Eichler specializes in Internet, medical device, and business-related patents.
Brach Eichler’s Patent, Intellectual Property and Information Technology Practice integrates engineering insight with a deep understanding of business and tax law to yield a comprehensive range of intellectual property and technology legal services.
Our attorneys handle patent preparation, prosecution, and portfolio management for Fortune 500 clients as well as start-up technology companies and individual inventors. We are experienced in drafting and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patents covering inventions in a variety of technologies including computer and software, electrical, mechanical, artificial intelligence, medical device, global positioning systems, consumer electronics, digital signal processing, financial technology, business methods, and telecom.
Additionally, Patent, Intellectual Property and Information Technology Chair Jonathan Bick is a law professor and recognized authority on Internet law and a prolific lecturer and author on the subject. Complete text of more than 200 journal and law review articles published by Mr. Bick may be found at www.bicklaw.com.
Our services include:
- All aspects of legal practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Copyright Office
- Providing assistance with patent, trademark and copyright registration, prosecution, licensing and litigation
- Providing Internet services, including e-commerce, privacy protection, reputation recovery, and issues related to domain names, spam, cyber crime white collar defense, and identity theft.
In the event of litigation, our attorneys formulate and execute legal strategies that are specific to the venue and designed to help our clients reach their goals within their individual timeline and budget constraints.
At Brach Eichler, we are committed to a dynamic and meaningful partnership with our clients. We move forward with a shared vision, one that is carefully crafted and thoughtfully and practically implemented. Together, we achieve success.
- Prosecute and defend patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation matters in U.S. federal district and state courts involving all phases of litigation including application for emergency injunctive relief, trials, and appeals
- Prepare and file patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret documents
- Represent domestic and foreign entities by formulating and executing licensing, commercial, promotional, and advertising transactions, particularly those that are Internet-related
- Advise corporations with respect to IT, IP, OEM, VAR, SPAM, software, Internet and dealer agreements
- Counsel U.S. and Foreign corporations with respect to ameliorating Internet-related liability associated with e-commerce, copyright infringement, domain name trademark disputes, defamation, and privacy issues
- Worked with a European entity to move their traditional brick and mortar service to a hybrid Internet service, including amending employee user, vendor, and customer agreements and standard operating procedures
- Prepared more than 100 prosecutions and office actions a year for the last several years in the medical devices area