Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
Member, New York Law School Law Review
- John Marshall Harlan Scholar
Dean’s Leadership Council
New York Law School Government Fellow
- Montclair State University, B.A., cum laude
Sigma Alpha Lambda National Leadership and Honors Organization
Edward A. Velky, Associate
Edward Velky concentrates his practice on a full spectrum of business, complex commercial and general litigation.
Edward represents clients across all industries in the areas of partnership and shareholder disputes, malpractice actions, corporate divorce, breach of contract claims, and other business torts. He is experienced in all phases of litigation, including case analysis and strategy, written and electronic discovery, depositions, preparation, motion practice, oral arguments, resolution, trials, and non-binding arbitrations.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Edward worked at a New Jersey firm where he represented professionals (e.g., attorneys, engineers, architects, etc.) in professional malpractice actions, engaged in general liability defense on behalf of large insurers and public entities, and advised businesses in commercial disputes. He began his career serving as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Bruno Mongiardo, J.S.C. in the Passaic Vicinage of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division.
During law school, Edward was a law student intern for the New York Law School Criminal Defense Clinic where he represented clients charged with misdemeanor crimes. He was also a legal intern for the criminal division of the New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender where he assisted with briefs for indictment dismissals, illegal seizures, plea bargains, and Miranda rights violations.
- Obtained a pre-answer dismissal of a federal lawsuit for breach of contract against a construction company and one of its principals
- Filed successful motion to dismiss on behalf of legal malpractice client under Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- The Justice Robert L. Clifford Inn of Court