Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, LL.M., Health Law
- Michigan State College of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
James J. Ko, Associate
James Ko focuses his practice on complex healthcare transactional and regulatory matters affecting a wide range of clients in the healthcare industry, including health systems, hospitals, physician groups, provider networks, pharmacies, and clinical laboratories.
Specifically, James advises clients on the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, False Claims Act, HIPAA compliance, state corporate practice of medicine doctrines, state licensure laws, contract drafting, and due diligence. In addition, he has experience helping healthcare providers navigate government audits and investigations. Further, James has assisted clients with the development of multiple recreational cannabis dispensary, craft grower, and transporter applications.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, James worked for several law firms in the Chicago area where he advised clients in the healthcare industry and other sectors with respect to business transactions and general business counseling, including formation, reorganization, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures. He also handled the negotiation and drafting of contracts, including employment agreements, consulting agreements, service agreements, and supply and distribution agreements.
- Member, American Health Law Association
- Board Member, Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago
- Board of Directors, Korean American Bar Association of Chicago
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Healthcare Section Council, Illinois State Bar Association