Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court, State of New Jersey
- Supreme Court, State of New York
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
Lauren D. Goldberg, Counsel
Lauren Goldberg provides representation to a diverse group of providers including hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, nursing homes, diagnostic and treatment centers, assisted living facilities, physicians, and physician practices. She advises health care providers on all phases of their operation, including purchases and sales. Lauren’s practice emphasizes corporate transactions, fraud and abuse, facility licensure, and employment-related matters. Her work regularly involves the analysis of current and pending state and federal legislation, including fraud and abuse, Medicare, and Medicaid.
Lauren frequently represents parties involved in the acquisition of physician practices by major hospitals and hospital groups. She also handles transactions involving the ownership transfer of ambulatory surgical centers to national companies as well as Department of Health licensure of new services or facilities.
Known for a strong hands-on and client-centric approach, Lauren understands the needs of her clients and partners with them to help achieve their strategic objectives.
Lauren is the past chair of the American Bar Association Health Law Student Writing Competition Committee. Previously, she also served as a judge for the competition. In addition, she served as a junior board member of the Alpine Learning Group, a school for autistic children in Paramus, New Jersey in 2012 and 2013.
Additionally, from 2007-2010, Lauren served as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Association for Advancement of Mental Health (AAMH), a non-profit, community-based behavioral health care agency serving the Greater Mercer County community.
While at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, she received the Dean’s Scholarship and the Law School’s award for Excellence in Health Law. She also received the ABA-BNA Health Law Award and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law Community Service Award.
Lauren has been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star list from 2014 – 2019.
- Acquisition of 15-20 health care practices on behalf of major hospital system, each with an approximate value between $200,000 and $1 million
- Ownership transfers for ambulatory surgical centers totaling between $4 and $7 million dollars
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Health Law Section American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association, Health and Hospital Committee
- Member, New York Bar Association American Bar Association, Health Law Section
SEPTEMBER 18-19, 2019 Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Atlantic City, NJ Early registration is now open at: www.njhmr.com. Register by June 30 to receive a 10% discount. Detailed invitation and agenda to follow. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Alexis De Jesus at 973.364.8343 or email@example.com for more information.