Lucas A. Markowitz, Associate
Lucas Markowitz helps individuals and businesses solve their most complex and consequential challenges. Equal parts tenacious, good-humored, and creative, clients come to Lucas for his astute legal and practical judgment and his consistent ability to obtain favorable results.
Lucas’ litigation practice covers a wide range of disputes, including real estate litigations, civil RICO cases, consumer fraud actions, securities matters, and partnership issues. Lucas’ employment practice is similarly diversified and covers matters from single plaintiff discrimination claims and trade secret and restrictive covenant cases to class and collective actions. He is also involved in significant employment law counseling work, providing guidance to clients in the area of employment law and regulation compliance.
Additionally, Lucas helps clients draft and negotiate business contracts; operating, joint venture, and partnership agreements; handbooks; and employment/independent contractor, noncompete, and separation agreements. His diverse practice is a virtuous circle – Lucas’ counseling work informs his litigation strategies and his litigation experience allows him to draft and negotiate better agreements.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Lucas was in-house counsel at a technology start-up company and also served as an associate in the Labor and Employment department of an Am Law 100 firm. He was named a New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2018 – 2021.
- Second-chaired a 10-day age-discrimination trial where Brach Eicher secured a complete defense victory
- Sought and obtained a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction on behalf of a medical practice seeking to enforce a restrictive covenant against a former employee
- Achieved summary judgment in favor of owner of multi-million-dollar business against individual who claimed 50% partnership interest
- Secured temporary restraining order freezing assets in a brokerage account which were subject of an estate dispute. Later won summary judgment directing the turnover of those disputed assets to our client
- Obtained complete dismissal of a case even without motion practice after serving the plaintiff with a frivolous litigation letter
Twelve Attorneys also Named to New Jersey Rising Stars List This Year