Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Tufts University, B.A.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D.
Michael H. Ansell, Counsel
Michael Ansell focuses his practice on business, commercial, and general litigation. He has experience litigating a wide range of matters including employment-related disputes, personal injury claims, commercial lease disputes, class actions, Consumer Fraud Act claims, corporate/shareholder disputes, intellectual property litigation, estate disputes, legal malpractice claims, and secured property actions. In addition to representing clients involved in litigation, Michael provides advice and counseling to businesses to ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations, assists businesses in drafting and negotiating various contracts, and offers comprehensive guidance to start-ups and small businesses. Michael has conducted numerous jury and bench trials in both New Jersey and New York.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Michael handled litigation and employment matters for a firm based in New Jersey. Michael also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Lawrence M. Lawson, Assignment Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court, Monmouth County, and interned for the Honorable Michael A. Shipp, Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Secured a settlement after two weeks of trial on behalf of an employee in a discrimination litigation against the State
- Successfully defended a client in a personal injury action after liability had already been admitted, resulting in a judgment of no damages
- Obtained a judgment of $2 million on behalf of an employer against a former employee for unfair competition and theft
- Prosecuted a complex estate dispute involving foreign bank accounts and trusts valued in excess of $30 million
- Obtained judgment against an insurance carrier and agent following trial arising from fraudulent claims handling and tortious interference
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Monmouth County Bar Association
- Member, New York County Lawyers’ Association
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Member, Haydn Proctor Inn of Court
- Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Monmouth and Middlesex Counties, Board of Trustees (former)