Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., magna cum laude
Paul M. Bishop, Associate
Paul Bishop’s practice focuses on business, commercial, and general litigation. Throughout his career, Paul has represented clients in a variety of complex disputes in federal and state court involving contracts, commercial issues, fraud, insurance law, corporate law, constitutional issues, bankruptcy, employment discrimination, copyright/trademark infringement, and personal injury. Paul’s wide-ranging experience allows him to handle a variety of litigation matters with ease and skill.
Paul is known for managing legal matters efficiently and economically from inception to conclusion of trial and through any subsequent appeal process. He is particularly adept at all facets of the litigation process, including trial preparation, depositions, and discovery, and he routinely shares his knowledge and technique with the firm’s younger attorneys.
Previously, Paul served as a law clerk for the Honorable John J. Harper, J.S.C. (ret.), Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County. During law school, Paul was an associate editor of The Labor Lawyer. He was also selected as a member of the Justinian Honorary Law Society, was listed in Who’s Who Among American Law Students, and received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the study of Appellate Advocacy.
- Obtained a $500,000 settlement on behalf of a neurosurgical and orthopaedic medical practice in litigation and injunction proceedings against two former employees for breach of restrictive covenant, unfair competition, and violation of New Jersey’s computer offense law
- Obtained a $3 million judgment on behalf of a medical practice declaring it the beneficiary of a life insurance policy and defended this declaratory judgment through subsequent appeal to both the Appellate Division and Supreme Court. IVF Inv. Co. LLC v. Estate of Natofsky, 2012 WL 1813429 (N.J. Super Ct. App. Div. May 21, 2012)
- Successfully argued a motion to dismiss a claim for disability discrimination against New Jersey orthopedic practice. Leone v. N. Jersey Orthopaedic Specialists, P.A., 2012 WL 1535198 (D.N.J. Apr. 27, 2012)
- Represented the recipient of alleged fraudulent transfers made by Chapter 7 debtor in connection with his application to vacate a seven-figure judgment obtained by the trustee, which resulted in a settlement at a substantial discount for the client
- Defeated class certification in a class action seeking to hold a small, New Jersey business liable for allegedly sending a “blast” fax in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Damages awarded against client were reduced from over $10 million to $650
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of corporation alleged to have committed numerous violations of the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
- Defended ruling of summary judgment appealed by individual who claimed injury from Atlantic City casino’s exhaust system. Schneider v. Conectiv Thermal Sys., 2008 WL 149973 (N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. Jan. 17, 2008)
- Successfully defended a doctor from multi-million-dollar allegations of assault from a former patient, obtaining a “no-cause” verdict after several days of trial
- Successfully prosecuted a separate defamation claim against the same former patient on behalf of the doctor resulting in an award in favor of the client after several days of trial
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a New Jersey real estate developer requiring return of a six-figure purchase deposit after discovery of asbestos on the subject property. Subsequent to dispute, Defendant remediated the asbestos situation and refused to return the deposit. Paul, through rigorous public record review, discovered the remediation and obtained summary judgment and an award of attorneys’ fees
- After a multi-day trial, obtained a six-figure judgment, punitive damages, and attorneys’ fees against client’s former employee for fraud and conversion
- Successfully negotiated numerous shareholder disputes without the need for trial or significant litigation
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association