Each matter handled by Theodore is dependent upon the unique facts and particular circumstances. An example of successful matters handled by Theodore include:
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all race discrimination claims in 2020 in the Southern District of New York on behalf of large luxury retail client. The Second Circuit affirmed summary judgment on behalf of GT’s client in a May 2021 ruling. The former employee’s request for en banc review by the Second Circuit was also denied and GT’s client was awarded the costs of appeal. In January 2022, GT defeated the former employee’s request for writ of certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Obtained preliminary injunction in breach of restrictive covenant litigation and defended appeal of order in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Overturned adverse decision against international client in the New Jersey Court of Appeals regarding contractual duty to arbitrate.
- Represented national retailers and credit-card issuers in connection with various class action matters.
- Represented national insurer in coverage dispute with insured, in which the insured and asbestos personal injury plaintiffs sought approximately $2 billion in coverage for alleged asbestos personal injury claims.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.