Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- The College of New Jersey, B.A., cum laude, 2005
Shannon Carroll practices in Brach Eichler's Health Law Practice Group and focuses on health care litigation, complex commercial litigation, compliance, and health care fraud. She has experience in all aspects of litigation from client intake through trial.
Shannon represents doctors and other health care providers in civil and administrative actions involving fraud allegations, reimbursement issues, and contract disputes. In addition, she has successfully represented health care clients in disputes involving restrictive covenants, shareholder oppression, and unfair competition.
Shannon also represents individuals and institutional clients in special, limited, and full guardianship proceedings. In fact, she has been appointed by the court to represent incapacitated and alleged incapacitated individuals numerous times.
Previously, she served as the Public Defender for the Borough of River Edge.
Prior to private practice, Shannon served as the law clerk for the Hon. Peter E. Doyne, A.J.S.C. While in law school, she interned for the Hon. Joseph S. Conte, J.S.C., served as a graduate assistant for the Summer Institute for Pre-Legal Studies, and was a member of the Seton Hall Legislative Journal.
- CLE on Fraud and Abuse: Primer and Overview, presented at the Bergen County Bar Association (October 2016)
- CLE on Protected Health Information: Overview and Cybersecurity, presented at the Bergen County Bar Association (January 2016)
- "Marketing Tips for Healthcare Practices," Medical Economics (June 2017)
- "How Physicians Can Limit Their Risk in Healthcare Marketing," Medical Economics (April 2017)
ADDITIONAL NOTEWORTHY INFORMATION
Shannon has been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star list every year from 2013 to 2017.
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court, Graduate
- Bergen County Bar Association, Health and Hospital Committee, Member