Brach Eichler and Brach Eichler attorneys are honored to have been recognized with various awards. In order to best understand how the rankings or awards were determined, we have provided descriptions and the links below to each of the publications.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Best Lawyers Ranking Methodology
- Best Lawyers®, The Best Lawyers in America®; and “Lawyer of the Year,” Best Lawyers® employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our process is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. (For additional information, click here)
- Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers® These awards are recognitions given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in America. Our “Ones to Watch” recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years. (For additional information, click here)
- Best Law Firms, U.S. News, The Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process. (For full ranking methodology & additional information, click here)
Chambers and Partners, Chambers USA Ranking Methodology
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business®, (including Chambers New Jersey: Healthcare, Chambers New Jersey Real Estate) Chambers USA is the leading legal data and analytics provider, ranking the top lawyers and law firms across the USA, so you can make a better choice when it matters. Our legal rankings are unrivaled in accuracy, depth and quality and are conducted by our dedicated team of independent researchers so that our outcomes are trusted and credible across the globe. Chambers and Partners is underpinned by a research methodology unrivalled in accuracy, depth and quality. The only process that delivers rankings, insights and actionable business intelligence that truly reflects ability, talent and market presence. (For full ranking methodology & additional information, click here)
Martindale-Hubbell® Ranking Methodology
- Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent, Distinguished and Notable) – For more than 130 years, Martindale-Hubbell has been evaluating attorneys for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards through a Peer Review Rating system. Prior to the 1887 edition of Martindale’s American Law Directory, which was the first publication to provide such ratings to attorneys, there was no way of truly knowing if the lawyer you were considering to do business with was trustworthy, ethical, or skilled in the legal field. (For full ranking methodology & additional information, click here)
New Jersey Family Magazine, Best NJ Lawyers for Families Ranking Methodology
- NJ Family, Best New Jersey Lawyers for Families – New Jersey Family magazine is the essential source for NJ moms. Through our magazines and online products, we give busy parents easy access the resources and information they need. We are the authority on things to do, where to go, and what to buy for more than 750,000 engaged New Jersey readers. Nominations for New Jersey Family’s Best NJ Lawyers for Families are collected on njfamily.com at njfamily.com/lawyers. The campaign to nominate exceptional lawyers to the program is also shared through advertisements on njfamily.com, in New Jersey Family magazine and through New Jersey Family social media channels (Facebook and Instagram). (For full ranking methodology & additional information, click here).
New Jersey Law Journal: Professional Excellence Awards Ranking Methodology
- New Jersey Law Journal®, “New Leaders of the Bar” formerly known as “40 Under 40,” ALM Attorneys yet to reach the age of 40 who bring both notable achievements and outstanding potential to the table. Nominees can be from law firms, corporate legal departments, or other types of organizations. (For full ranking methodology & additional information, click here)
- New Jersey Law Journal®, “Litigation Department of the Year” ALM The publishers of the New Jersey Law Journal, an ALM company, holds an annual contest to recognize New Jersey’s top legal practices. Any law firm with a New Jersey presence is eligible to participate by submitting a comprehensive nomination form. Litigation Departments of the Year is part of the New Jersey Law Journal’s annual New Jersey Legal Awards. Nomination requirements have included: detailing cases that lead to impactful court decisions or other changes in the law, and otherwise achieving the status of a strong and effective advocate over the past year. Open to law firms with up to 200 attorneys. The selections are made based on recent litigation/transactional results, ongoing experience, and client references. (For full ranking methodology & additional information, click here)
- New Jersey Law Journal®, “Law Firm of the Year” Finalist, ALM Law Firm of the Year is one category in the New Jersey Law Journal’s annual New Jersey Legal Awards. Nomination requirements have included that law firms must enter New Jersey Legal Award submissions across multiple categories, including “Litigation Departments of the Year” and/or “Dealmakers of the Year.” The “Law Firm of the Year” recognition is given to the law firm that has the most meritorious submissions across multiple categories. The purpose of the award is to recognize the NJ law firm that has demonstrated a broad spectrum of achievements in the past year and talent depth. (For full ranking methodology & additional information, click here)
- New Jersey Law Journal’s“Top Women in Law” – For its annual Women in the Law Awards, New Jersey Law Journal seeks suggestions from readers on women attorneys “from anywhere in New Jersey, who work in law firms, government agencies, public interest organizations or anywhere else lawyers may find themselves employed,” and also considers candidates discussed among its editorial staff. Criteria include the candidate’s impact on the legal community over the prior year or other notable work; the publication evaluates “specific examples of the candidate’s recent contributions to the legal community, whether it’s settling a big case, leading a department through a difficult stretch, producing innovative ideas or making an impact in some other way.” The New Jersey Law Journal Top Women in the Law is published by the ALM Media Properties, LLC. Nominations for Law Journal recognitions come from outside submissions and honorees were selected by a panel of editorial staff. A description of the selection process may be accessed via the above link. The aforementioned organization is a private peer review organization, not court-specific, public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey Law Journal®, “Trailblazers,” ALM The publication seeks nominations of legal professionals who have made significant marks on the practice, policy and technological advancements in their sector. The editors are not simply looking for lawyers who have worked on big deals; rather, they are looking for agents of change. Each year, The National Law Journal features several Trailblazer issues and accepts nominees from readers for who they believe made an impact in their respective practice areas. The publication’s editor reviews the nominees and selects 20 to 25 nominees for each practice area. (For additional information, click here)
NJBIZ® Recognition Award Methodology
- NJBIZ®, “Best 50 Women in Business,” BridgeTower Media
This annual program recognizes 50 women who have made a significant impact on business in New Jersey. Eligibility requirements: must be a female employed and residing in New Jersey, nominees must hold a senior management-level position with significant authority in decision making, nominee’s company must have a large presence in New Jersey (at least 50% of staff employed in NJ), and nominee cannot be a member of the judges’ panel or a member of the judges’ immediate family. Nomination requirements have included: information about the length of service at the nominee’s current position and an explanation of why the nominee should be considered for the award. If a nominee makes it to phase two of judging, they are contacted directly to complete an application, which has included information on career accomplishment(s), and past and present community service, among others. An independent panel of judges, which changes every year, reviews each submission in detail. (For additional information, click here)
- NJBIZ®, “Forty Under 40,” BridgeTower Media
This annual program recognizes 40 business men and women under the age of 40 for their notable successes and demonstrations of strong leadership in New Jersey. Eligibility requirements: must be 39 years old or younger, must be currently employed or self-employed in New Jersey, nominee must be an owner, partner, president, CEO, CFO, COO, board chair, or other senior-level executive or manager, and nominee cannot be a member of the judging panel or a member of any judge’s immediate family. Nomination requirements have included: information about the length of service at the nominee’s current position and an explanation of why the nominee should be considered for the award. If a nominee makes it to phase two of judging, they are contacted directly to complete an application, which has requested business-related references, and information on professional accomplishments including licenses, degrees, honors and awards, and special skills and abilities, as well as information on the nominee’s leadership and community service. An independent panel of judges, which changes every year, reviews each submission in detail. (For additional information, click here)
- NJBIZ®, “ICON Honors,” BridgeTower Media
This annual program recognizes New Jersey business leaders over the age of 60 for their notable success and demonstration of strong leadership both within and outside of their chosen field. Eligibility requirements: must have a long-standing commitment to the New Jersey business community, must be over 60 years old, nominee may currently be in the workforce or retired, and nominee must hold or have held a senior management-level position with significant authority in decision making for their organization. Nomination requirements have included: information about the length of service at the nominee’s current or former (if retired) position and an explanation of why the nominee should be considered for the award, including career accomplishments and ways nominee has helped the New Jersey business community grow through professional creativity, innovation, and leadership. If a nominee makes it to phase two of judging, they are contacted directly to complete an application. (For additional information, click here)
- NJBIZ®, “Leaders in Law,” BridgeTower Media
The Leaders in Law awards program honors legal professionals – lawyers and general counsels – whose dedication to their occupation and to their communities is outstanding. Following an open nomination period, honorees were chosen by a panel of independent judges with experience in the justice system. The selections were based on legal professionals — lawyers and general counsels — whose dedication to their occupation and to their communities is outstanding. (For additional information, click here)
- NJBIZ®, “Power List,” (including “Power 50 Health Care” list) BridgeTower Media
The power lists are compiled by the NJBIZ editorial staff based on our reporting throughout the past year with input from experts in a variety of fields and recommendations from our readers. The staff looks for people who have gained public attention – and perhaps acclaim – for their professional accomplishments and public service. Each list identifies individuals who, through their efforts, are helping to make New Jersey a better place to live, work and do business. Honorees are not necessarily better at their jobs than others in their profession, but they have contributed meaningfully to the advancement of the public interest through their work and/or community service. (For additional information, click here)
- NJBIZ®, “Best Places to Work,” BridgeTower Media
Best Companies Group conducts a simple yet thorough company assessment designed to gather detailed information about your workplace. Employers will complete an in-depth questionnaire and employees will have the opportunity to offer their honest feedback by taking part in a company-wide survey. Both portions of the assessment must be complete in order to be considered for the “best” list. Once both portions of the assessment are complete, we’ll analyze the data to determine if your organization has what it takes to be the “best.” From there, we’ll use the data to rank each participating organization and compile your BCG Insights Report package. That report will include responses from your employee surveys as well as benchmarking reports, allowing you to compare your organization to the current list-makers. (For additional information, click here)
ROI-NJ, Award Methodology
- ROI-NJ, “ROI Influencers: Power List,” (including ROI-NJ Healthcare Influencers in New Jersey) ROI-NJ The editorial department of ROI-NJ uses personal knowledge, news events throughout the year, and dozens of conversations with business leaders in all sectors throughout New Jersey to compile this list. (For additional information, click here)
Super Lawyers, Award Methodology
- Super Lawyers® (including “Rising Stars,” “Top 100 New Jersey Super Lawyers,” “Top 50 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers,”)Thompson Reuters. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Our patented attorney selection process is peer influenced and research driven, selecting the top 5% of attorneys to the Super Lawyers list each year. (For additional information, click here)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.