Real Estate Tax Appeals Alert: NJ Real Estate Tax Appeal Filing Deadline For Commercial Properties Fast Approaching
Municipalities in New Jersey are aggressively seeking opportunities to generate additional tax revenue through revaluations, annual reassessments, and the filing of affirmative appeals on commercial properties in order to increase their own assessment.
You should carefully review whether to file an appeal this year if you:
- have received a Complaint or Petition of Appeal to increase your taxes
- have reason to believe your taxes are too high or unfairly assessed
- are a formerly tax-exempt entity
- own a commercial property with significant vacancies
- own or lease property in a municipality currently undergoing a reassessment or revaluation
The general filing deadline for 2020 tax appeals is April 1, 2020. If a property is located in a revalued or reassessed district, the filing deadline is May 1st. Click the button below to view a tentative list of municipalities currently scheduled for revaluations/reassessments in 2020.
If you would like an immediate, no-cost review of your tax assessment or if you receive a complaint from a municipality seeking to increase your tax assessment, please contact Dan Pollak at 973-403-3119 or email@example.com as soon as possible.