Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Rutgers Law School, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A.
Alex S. Capozzi, Associate
Alex Capozzi, a trial lawyer, has extensive experience litigating cases involving personal injuries and complex civil issues against insurance companies. He has personally obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts at trial, recoveries that less than 1% of attorneys in the United States achieve over the course of their careers.
In New Jersey, Alex has been recognized as being one of the youngest attorneys in the history of the state to ever receive a multi-million-dollar jury verdict at trial. His verdicts have been featured in the New Jersey Law Journal and the Top 50 Verdicts in New Jersey and he has been invited to speak as a lecturer throughout New Jersey and the United States on successful trial strategies. In 2016, Alex received the 13th largest jury verdict of any lawyer in the State of New Jersey. In 2018 and 2019, Super Lawyers named him a “Rising Star.”
Outside of the office, Alex is heavily involved with “THON,” a children’s cancer research philanthropy. He has spent countless days traveling throughout the region raising money for children’s cancer research and to improve the lives of families that have been burdened with the extremely high costs of cancer treatment for their children.
- $2,027,500 jury verdict at trial for a client who sustained injuries to her neck and jaw when a negligent driver struck her vehicle. The last settlement offer by the insurance company was $40,000
- $1,000,000 recovery for a client who aggravated a prior neck injury when her vehicle was struck by a negligent driver.
- $915,000 recovery for a client who sustained injuries to her arm and knee when a New Jersey Transit bus negligently struck her vehicle
- $735,000 recovery for a client who aggravated a prior neck injury when her vehicle was struck by a negligent driver
- $600,000 recovery for a client who sustained a neck injury when a truck negligently sideswiped her vehicle
- $575,000 recovery for a client that sustained a neck injury when her vehicle was struck by a negligent driver
- $500,000 recovery for a client who sustained injuries to his knee and shoulder when a bouncer used excessive force to eject him from a bar
Professional Activities +
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, Essex County Bar Association
- Member, Hudson County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Passaic County Bar Association