Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, B.A.
Samantha A. Karni, Counsel
From term sheet through closing, Samantha Karni represents developers and investors in the acquisition, financing, development, refinancing, and disposition of single-asset, as well as portfolios of, real estate. These include multifamily, retail, industrial, office, and hotel properties in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and nationwide. Samantha counsels clients in connection with the structuring of syndicated joint ventures, preparing sophisticated partnership and limited liability company operating agreements, and Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges. In real estate finance matters, Samantha represents financial institutions in a wide range of financing transactions including those involving multifamily housing, commercial properties, and construction loans.
- Represented seller in $190 million sale of a 66-property multifamily portfolio in Hudson County with a complex 1031 exchange structure.
- Represented borrower in $50 million senior and mezzanine construction loan encumbering a vacant land development site subject to a municipal redevelopment agreement at the Jersey Shore.
- Represented purchaser in $30 million purchase and Fannie Mae financing of 328-unit multifamily complex in Webster, New York.
- Represented purchaser in $200 million purchase and financing of multiphase mixed-use development in Long Branch, New Jersey.
- Represented purchaser in the $1.1 billion purchase, financing, and subsequent refinancing of a 100+ property multifamily portfolio located across 11 states and comprising over 40,000 units.
- Represented seller in $9 million sale of membership interests in a tenant-in-common owner of a mixed-use building in Manhattan.
- Represented bank in $15 million refinance loan encumbering a160-unit apartment building in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
- Represented seller in the $38 million sale of membership interests in five multifamily complexes in Ohio.