Post-Mortem Income Tax Planning in Estate Administration
Please join us on Monday, July 29 from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. as Susan K. Dromsky-Reed, Esq., Member, Trust & Estates; David J. Ritter, Esq., Member and Tax Practice Chair; and Stuart M. Gladstone, Esq., Member and Trust & Estates Chair, discuss post-mortem planning and proactive strategies to minimize tax liability and maximize opportunities in estate administration.
Topics will include:
- The shift from estate tax reduction to income tax minimization, post-tax reform
- Estate distribution timing and funding issues
- Deferring tax using Section 6166, testamentary CLATs, and “Graegin loans”
- Obtaining step-up on basis at death and basis consistency reporting requirements
- Income tax planning for partnerships after death
- Utilizing the Section 645 election
- Where to take administration expense deductions
- Protecting the fiduciary from tax liabilities
This event is anticipated to qualify for New Jersey CPE, CLE, and CFP credits.
DATE: Monday, July 29, 2019
TIME: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch will be served
LOCATION: Brach Eichler LLC – 101 Eisenhower Parkway, 2nd Floor, Roseland, NJ 07068
REGISTRATION: Space is limited. Please contact Alexis DeJesus at 973-364-8343 or email@example.com.