Each matter handled by Richard is dependent upon the unique facts and particular circumstances. An example of successful matters handled by Richard include:
- Defeated a motion to dismiss the claims filed by the firm’s clients against a major insurance company for non-payment of bills. This victory preserved thousands of claims at issue in the matter.
- Defended a physician client charged with defrauding the federal government. The client was one of many cardiologists accused of receiving kickbacks for steering Medicare patients to a hospital for surgery. A verdict was entered ruling in favor of our client on all counts.
- Richard successfully represented a cardiologist in a federal jury trial to defeat the government’s claims that his client received kickbacks for referring patients to a hospital for surgery.
- In 2022, Richard represented a physician who obtained a high six figure settlement against his former employer for payments owing under their employment arrangement, and defeated the employer’s claim that the physician had practiced in violation of a geographic restrictive covenant.
- Also in 2022, Richard represented a medical laboratory in federal appellate court, which reinstated several defamation claims on behalf of the laboratory which the trial court had dismissed while the laboratory was represented by different counsel.
- In addition, in 2022, Richard represented a physician in defense of a suit filed by a former employee physician alleging breach of contract, and achieved a “no pay” settlement of the claims.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.