Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Rutgers Law School, J.D.
- Carnegie Mellon University, B.S.
Riza I. Dagli, Member
Chair, Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
Riza Dagli is an experienced litigator and criminal defense attorney. A former prosecutor with the Office of the Attorney General of New Jersey, he aggressively defends clients in all stages of state and federal criminal investigations as well as trials and appeals, covering a broad array of matters including health care and insurance fraud, labor and unemployment fraud, racketeering and money laundering, and environmental crimes. In his representation of both high-profile defendants charged with significant first-degree charges, as well as individuals merely being investigated by government agencies, he strives for the best outcome for his clients, their assets, and their businesses.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Riz held several key posts within the Office of the Attorney General of New Jersey including Director of the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, where he prosecuted Medicaid and Medicare fraud, patient abuse and neglect, off-label marketing, and kickback litigation. He also served as Deputy Director of the Division of Criminal Justice, where he prosecuted organized crime, labor, casino, and environmental crimes. Additionally, Riz served as Acting Insurance Fraud Prosecutor (OIFP) for the State of New Jersey, overseeing OIFP’s statewide civil and criminal investigations, prosecutions, and settlements.
A licensed professional engineer, Riz also provides advocacy and counsel in technology-related legal matters, agreements, and contracts, as well as environmental compliance and litigation.
Prior to government service, Riz was an environmental litigator with a leading Morris County law firm. Previously, as a professional engineer, Riz designed construction projects throughout the United States and South America.
- Criminal defense of physicians charged by the Office of the United States Attorney with violations of Anti-Kickback Law
- Criminal defense of chiropractor and owner of chiropractic office charged by the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General with racketeering and conspiracy to use runners
- Criminal defense of multiple medical imaging facilities and owners charged by the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General with racketeering and kickbacks
- Criminal defense of physician charged with CDS crimes
- Criminal defense of federal charges of violations of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act
- Criminal defense of professional counselor charged with Medicaid fraud and forgery
- Criminal defense of business owners charged with tax evasion
- Civil and administrative defense of health care providers, including physicians, dentists, and durable medical equipment companies in actions relating to allegations of improper claims submitted to Medicaid and commercial insurance
- Civil and administrative defense of physicians, chiropractors, home health agencies, optometrists, and opticians before the licensing boards of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
- Defense of physician against allegations of improper patient relationship
- Defense of seizure of monies by the United States Customs and Border Protection
- Litigation of dispute arising from United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
- Litigation of trademark ownership rights relating to domain name of transportation company
- Litigation of international cargo ship charter dispute through Society of Maritime Arbitrators
Professional Activities +
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- Member, National Society of Professional Engineers
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Member, Passaic County Bar Association
SEPTEMBER 18-19, 2019 Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Atlantic City, NJ Early registration is now open at: www.njhmr.com. Register by June 30 to receive a 10% discount. Detailed invitation and agenda to follow. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Alexis De Jesus at 973.364.8343 or email@example.com for more information.
Princeton, New Jersey
Law360, (quoted in)
Law360 (quoted in)