Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey, 2004
- New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals Third Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2018
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A.
Andrew R. Macklin, Member
Andrew Macklin practices mainly in the areas of construction litigation, complex commercial litigation, consumer protection and probate disputes. He has achieved excellent results for clients in each of these practice areas at every stage, from negotiation through trial and arbitration. He is admitted to practice before the state, federal and bankruptcy courts in New Jersey, as well as the state courts in New York and the Southern District of New York. *Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, he was a Member of Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP in Saddle Brook, New Jersey, having practiced there for nearly twenty years. He is a graduate of the Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court.
He has served as an adjunct professor at the Fordham University School of Law, teaching trial advocacy through the award-winning Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Center.
Andrew recently completed his term serving on the Attorney Ethics Committee for District IIA.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Click here for the Awards and Honors Methodology.
Each matter handled by Andrew is dependent upon the unique facts and particular circumstances. An example of successful matters handled by Andrew include:
- Won arbitration award in favor of commercial property owner against general contractor which had sued the owner and attempted to foreclose on a fraudulent construction lien claim. When general contractor attempted to avoid nearly $2,000,000 Award by filing bankruptcy, brought and successfully settled adversary proceeding resulting in payment to client of seven-figure reimbursement.
- Won summary judgment in favor of homeowners in several matters adjudging home improvement contractors liable under the Consumer Fraud Act prior to trial. Prospect of treble damages and attorney fees resulted in successful settlements in favor of homeowners.
- Won declaratory judgment in favor of property owner against insurance carrier which had improperly disclaimed defense and indemnity duties following personal injury occurring on property of commercial condominium. Judgment compelled carrier for the management company to defend the client, and to reimburse the client for counsel fees and costs incurred to the date of the judgment.
- Successfully litigated and settled seven-figure construction defect claims by condominium associations against developer/sponsors, including related insurance coverage issues arising from insurance carriers’ refusal to cover damages caused by work of insured general contractors and subcontractors.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Bergen County Bar Association, served as co-chair of the Construction Law Committee and Nominating Committee
- Temple Sharey Tefilo-Israel, Member of the Board of the Linda and Rudy Slucker Religious School
Recognitions & Awards+
- Recipient of the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award at the Fordham University School of Law
- Recognized for Meritorious Public Service by the Director of the New Jersey Office of Attorney Ethics
- Recipient of Certificates of Commendation from the Bergen County Executive and Bergen County Board of Chosen Freeholders in recognition of participation in Bergen Leads Class of 2016