Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Seton Hall University, B.S., cum laude, Dean’s List, Sports Management Honor Society, Legal Studies Honor Society
Michael A. Spizzuco, Jr., Associate
Michael’s primary focus is assisting clients in the construction, manufacturing and supply-chain management sectors, with an expansive litigation practice encompassing both New Jersey and New York state and federal courts. He represents construction companies of all sizes in various matters including construction defects, contractual disputes, mechanic/construction lien law claims, warranty claims, and public-works project disputes. Michael also reviews and drafts contracts for businesses, project owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers. Additionally, he serves his clients in defending Division of Consumer Affairs investigations.
Michael is a sophisticated commercial litigator, with significant experience in shareholder-dispute, consumer fraud, products liability, franchise practices, and real estate claims. He has extensive experience in defending new and used automobile dealers in all facets of litigation, including consumer lawsuits, class-action matters, franchise terminations, ownership transfers, and warranty reimbursement matters.
In addition to his construction and commercial litigation practice, Michael’s labor and employment practice encompasses most industries and includes representing businesses, directors, officers, and employees in state and federal court against employee claims of unlawful discrimination, harassment, whistleblower, retaliation, and wrongful discharge, wage and hour violations, and breach of employment contracts. Additionally, he advises employers on federal and state wage and hour law issues, including representation in connection with Department of Labor inquiries, investigations, and charges. Michael counsels businesses about all facets of employment law, as well as reviewing and drafting employment contracts, non-solicitation, non-compete, and non-disclosure agreements.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Michael was a commercial litigation associate at two New Jersey law firms. In addition, he represented juvenile clients in detention hearings in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County, while acting as a Student Advocate at the Seton Hall Law Center for Social Justice. Also while in law school, Michael served as an Extern for the Honorable Barry P. Sarkisian, J.S.C., of the New Jersey Superior Court, 6th Vicinage.
Michael is an eleven-time retired National Blackbelt League Sport Karate World Champion.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here for the Awards and Honors Methodology.
- Sengebush v. House Values Real Estate School, LLC, 2021 WL 343435 (App. Div. 2021) – Obtained reversal of trial court ruling, on a motion to compel arbitration by a putative employer, that plaintiff was an independent contractor and not an employee as a matter of law.
- Successful in trying a multiple-day bench trial in 2018 on behalf of a commercial food supplier.
- Speaker, National Association of the Remodeling Industry
- Speaker, New Jersey Landscape Contractor’s Association