Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D.
- Wayne State University, B.S., Criminal Justice
Colleen Buontempo, Associate
Colleen Buontempo represents clients primarily in PIP arbitration with approximately 65-70% of cases settling and approximately a 93% success rate for cases that proceed through arbitration. She has successfully represented and recovered millions of dollars for her clients including individuals, ambulatory care facilities, hospitals, physician groups, and health care entrepreneurs.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Colleen practiced in a wide variety of legal areas, including criminal defense, automotive litigation, premises liability, worker’s compensation, negligent security, New York labor law, and products liability.
Colleen is a supporter of The Faustman Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital, and their research in finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
- In Drive New Jersey Insurance Co. v. Pleasantdale Ambulatory Care (PAS-L-1079-17), Colleen successfully defended an order to show cause to overturn a prior arbitration award for surgical supplies awarded to an ASC.
- In Pleasantdale Ambulatory Care v. Farmers Insurance Company (MID-L1976-17), Colleen successfully pursued an order to show cause which vacated a three-DRP appeal panel’s award. It resulted in the upholding of the original arbitration award for ASC facility fees for a Medicare-approved CPT code.